At the “Are You Ready Ball,” the young adults will participate in lessons on character education, such as the importance of honesty and being respectful to elders and peers. Kelly Denise Events is more focused on teaching young people how to be respectful members of society. The skills learned during this time are extremely valuable as young people progress through life.
Our Workshop Coordinator, Kacie Anderson is a native of Mount Vernon, NY where she currently serves as Dean of Scholars and Families at Amani Public Charter School. Her Mount Vernon roots have incited her passion to see the youth excel and be a part of their success and self-confidence. Kacie has over 12 years of experience working with youth in schools, residential facilities, drug treatment programs and therapeutic foster placement where she’s facilitated workshops on gender and sexuality, self-esteem, decision-making and bullying. Kacie prides herself on connecting with youth in innovative and transparent ways and being a source of support and faith.
She believes that young people need to understand everyone has a “moment,” but it’s what you learn from it that will guide you into a promising future. Kacie is a proud member of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc. She received her Bachelors of Science from Concordia College and her Masters Degree in Social Work from Fordham University. As FINER Woman, service is one of the principles she holds dear to her heart. It is her commitment to the service of others that drives her passion for youth and all.
Kacie has come up with (7) in-person workshops participants will have to participate in. Participants will commit to attending all classes and miss (3)max; they can only miss classes they have already participated in.
|DAYS||DATE||TIME||WORKSHOP||WORKSHOP NAME||CLASS INSTRUCTOR|
|Monday||March 14, 2022||5:00 PM to 6:30 PM||Class||Financial Literacy (mixed groups)||Marcus Rodgers|
|Tuesday||March 15, 2022||5:00 PM to 6:30 PM||Class||What Happens Next: A look at your options after you graduate High School ( mixed group)||Nicole Ransone|
|Thursday||March 17, 2022||5:00 PM to 6:30 PM||Class||Healthy Friendships/Relationships Male||Gene Johnson & Jamell Scott|
|Monday||March 21, 2022||5:00 PM to 6:30 PM||Class||Effective Communication Male||Dr. Jeffery R. Wheeler & Henry Terry|
|Tuesday||March 22, 2022||5:00 PM to 6:30 PM||Class||Healthy Friendships/Relationships Male||Gene Johnson & Jamell Scott|
|Wednesday||March 30, 2022||5:00 PM to 6:30 PM||Class||Financial Literacy (mixed groups)||Marcus Rodgers|
|Tuesday||April 5, 2022||5:00 PM to 6:30 PM||Class||What Happens Next: A look at your options after you graduate High School ( mixed group)||Nicole Ransone|
|Tuesday||April 19, 2022||5:00 PM to 6:30 PM||Class||Healthy Friendships/Relationships Female||Judith King & Kacie Anderson|
|Thursday||April 21, 2022||5:00 PM to 6:30 PM||Class||Healthy Friendships/Relationships Female||Judith King & Kacie Anderson|
|Monday||May 9, 2022||5:00 PM to 6:30 PM||Class||Effective Communication Male||Dr. Jeffery R. Wheeler & Henry Terry|
|Tuesday||May 10, 2022||5:00 PM to 6:30 PM||Class||Effective Communication Female||Nakia Hiland|
|Tuesday||May 17, 2022||5:00 PM to 6:30 PM||Class||Effective Communication Female||Nakia Hiland|
|Thursday||May 19, 2022||5:00 PM to 7:30 PM||Class||I am the NEXT LEADER (mixed group)||PANEL DISCUSSION|
|Tuesday||May 31, 2022||5:00 PM to 6:30 PM||Class||Mental Remix: How to deal with stress anxiety & depression Females||Chelsea White|
|Wednesday||June 1, 2022||5:00 PM to 6:30 PM||Class||Mental Remix: How to deal with stress anxiety & depression Females||Chelsea White|
- Effective Communication
- This workshop is designed to teach youth how to convey information to others effectively and efficiently. Teaching youth to express how they think and feel , while also stating what they want. Some keys points will be active listening , clear and consistent messages, staying positive and not being critical
- Healthy Friendship/Relationships
- This workshop is designed to teach youth how to respect, trust, and set boundaries in friendships and personal relationships. It will also capture signs to look for when in healthy vs. unhealthy relationships.
- Mental Remix: How to deal with stress, anxiety, and depression?
- This workshop will help normalize stress , anxiety and depression and how to reduce the stigma around mental health. It will be designed to help youth learn useful tools and techniques to better manage in the present and long term.
- Financial Literacy
- This workshop is designed to educate youth on the importance of financial resources and financial skills. It will focus on personal finances, saving, budgeting and investing . It will help build a foundation of their relationship with money.
- Etiquette: Courteous & Cool
- This workshop is designed to teach youth proper ways to conduct themselves in various settings. It will help youth be able to promote kindness , consideration and humility. It will reinforce manners and some basic life skills.
- What Happens Next: A look into what are their options after high school.
- This workshop will help prepare youth for life after high school. It will explore possibilities of college in addition to some alternatives.
- I am the NEXT LEADER! – 2 Hour Session
- This workshop will engage leadership skills to create positive change within the community, schools, or organizations that youth may be part of. Youth will learn different ways to be a leader, how to recognize their own leaderships skills , and how to respond to conflict as a leader. This will be a panel discussion.